Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Some R&R


Meghan and I were pretty happy about the cabana that we were staying in so the morning was very peaceful and relaxing. Except for the fact that the seaweed right outside our windows smelled like rotten eggs, but the smell went away once some of the men pushed it away from the beach. It was basically a chill stay in hammocks read a book day, and that's exactly what we did. 
 Meghan and I skipped breakfast- we claimed that we weren't hungry, but I obviously regretted it because I heard the food was Italian. I chilled in front of the fan in the room until the cleaners came and shooed me out. 
 So I was "forced" to step out in the sun and under a small pavilion which held a bunch of hammocks. There I re read one of my favorite books and ordered a smoothie. I ended up getting the ladies next to me which honestly tasted like plants but it was alright.
 Since I didn't feel like swimming I waited in the newly cleaned room right up next to the fan until Mom&Dad and Meghan were done. After everyone had showered and was ready to go we left and walked up the beach for a bit until we stopped for lunch at a nice hotel called Las Estrella's (the stars). It was very good, I didn't feel like eating much but Mom convinced me to eat some chicken fingers that were delicious, to which I ate all of them. 
 On on walk back to the cabanas on the beach we stopped by some turtle places where either turtles had laid their eggs already or they were about to. It was cool to check the dates on the back of the sticks marking the territory to tell when the days were this year.
 Shortly after we settled down in the cabanas to have some rest time, it started to pour. It was a massive thunderstorm, where the sky turned black as it hurled sheets of water as Mom described as she sprinted back in forth between the two cabanas to check on us. 
 When the rain had steadied to a small drizzle, Mom&Dad and I went to the front of the hotel where we sat at a table and played cards and ordered some food. Out of the 12 games that we played, I won two, not a successful round for me, but all in all it was fun and I was excited to climb back into the cabana and listen to rain pitter patter across the roof as we fell asleep. 

1 comment: